What you want to know – kids question show
With guest Marcus Jahnel, group leader at PoL and BIOTEC
3:00 pm — 5:00 pm
Station für Technik, Naturwissenschaft, Kunst, Weißwasser
On December 12, 2022, starting at 3pm, it's “What you want to know” again in the Checker Question Show for children ages 5 and up. This time, the exciting show will take place at the Station for Technology, Natural Science and Art in Weißwasser. This time, Julian Janssen, known primarily from children’s television as Checker Julian, will be on hand to explain.
The project POP-UP-WISSEN – Wissen schafft Dialog (POP-UP KNOWLEDGE – knowledge creates dialog) as part of the Year of Science 2022 – Nachgefragt! invites children to put their questions to scientists. In the past few months, hundreds of interesting questions have already been collected on various occasions, a few examples:
- How does the Internet work?
- How do biologists recognize poisonous plants?
- Why do we sleep?
Once again, scientists will be on hand to answer the children’s questions, including:
- Social Science – Sustainability & Environment: Franziska Stölzel, UNU Flores
- Botany – Prof. Dr. Christoph Neinhuis, TU Dresden
- Transport Ecology – Prof. Dr.-Ing. Udo Becker, TU Dresden
- Physics of Life/BIOTEC – Dr. Marcus Jahnel, joint group leader of the Cluster of Excellence Physics of Life and BIOTEC, TU Dresden
There will be plenty of opportunities for the little ones with a thirst for knowledge to ask and get their questions answered. The declared goal is to make science understandable and tangible for the youngest.
An interactive event completely in the sense of child-fair knowledge on eye level on 12 December 2022 from 15 to 17 o'clock in the Station Weißwasser e.V. Afterwards there will be an autograph session with Julian.
A cooperation of the TU Dresden with the Station for Technology, Natural Sciences, Art Weißwasser e.V.